Posted by ytkaczyk at 9:59 am
I have been having issues installing Gizmo 5 on Windows 7 and its server companion Windows 2008 R2. The installer needs updating for the latest versions of Windows:
I did submit a support ticket at http://support.gizmo5.com/ but this got nowhere. However it is still possible to install Gizmo 5 by running the installer in Compatibility Mode.
- Download and save the installer (saving to your Desktop will do just fine).
- Right-click on the installer (it is named WinGizmoInstall.exe by default) and click on Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab on the Properties dialog.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) on the drop-down below.
- Click on OK and run the installer.
The Gizmo team will update their installer but in the meantime this is a good workaround. Note that if you upgraded your machine to Windows 7 and Gizmo 5 was already installed then you do not need to do anything.